Tuesday, April 11, 2017

#10 The Finale

I think as a teacher I will use data collection to get a feel for how my students grasp certain concepts. With excel I can easily make a grade book to keep track of the assignments and other scores. The subject matter would most likely be high school math so having surveys to see how the class understands the basics will give me a good understanding on what kind of pace I can take with the class.

I believe the most interesting topics when reviewing everyone's blogs was getting to see the different independent learning projects. Everyone's projects were always different and that is something refreshing to see. Opposed to seeing 13 different powerpoint projects on the same material.

I think the next technology-related skill I will try to learn is coding. It's something I've never really tried and could always see if I'm capable. Life is about challenges so why not see if I'm up for the challenge. To achieve this goal I can always look up youtube videos or ask my friends on how to code in the one of the many coding languages.

7 comments:

  1. Using survey's rather than quizzes to gauge the knowledge of the class seems like a great idea to me. I think it takes some of the pressure off of the students.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also thought it was really cool to see 13 different ILP's instead of reading the same projects over and over again. Change is always a good thing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I also said that looking at the Class ILP's were very interesting. Also, for your data collection how would you go about making sure students are honest when giving feedback about how well they are understanding the material?

    ReplyDelete
  5. ILPs are definitely a class fave. It was really interesting to see the various responses to the project, creative outlets, and interests by each classmate. My favorite too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I also liked seeing all of the projects--it was good for getting ideas for later projects. Good luck to you with coding! It sounds really difficult but incredibly useful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. First, I thought you were aspiring to be an FBI agent? I'm sure data plays here (but the government probably has far more sophisticated software).

    Second, yes... coding. Try MIT. And Lynda of course. But MIT does Hour of Code in which you can start drag-and-drop but then move to java.

    ReplyDelete