Tuesday, January 24, 2017

#2 Word & Copyright

I've used Microsoft word for taking notes, writing papers, creating new letters and probably some other things that I just can't remember. I've seen my teachers use MS Word to keep track of the links they share with us. They also use word to format our syllabus. I've seen my teachers use word to keep their lectures in order by using an outline.

My experience with copyright is that if you didn't write it, cite it. I would deal with copyright issues by making sure my students know how to cite properly when using other peoples work. If I were to use another teachers instructional idea I would let the class know that this idea is borrowed from another teacher.

5 comments:

  1. "My experience with copyright is that if you didn't write it, cite it."
    I like this quote that you used and I think it is a great thing to remember when knowing what content to cite!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What about instructional material? Criminal copyright infringement scares me and makes me want to make my own content for personal and free use. Often when I have to submit an essay, I triple check for citation errors and I have this irrational fear that I've come up with words that someone has already said and I will go to jail for it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it's awesome that you would teach your students how to be great digital citizens by ensuring that that cite the work of others.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great blog post, Chip. I agree, it's absolutely wrong to use the work of others without giving them credit.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's a really good idea to tell your students when you have borrowed an idea from another teacher. It sets an example for your students on how to properly handle and go about this serious issue.

    ReplyDelete