Monday, February 6, 2017

#3 Websites, Standards, and Newsletters! Oh My!

Most of the ELA standards I'd say are easy to teach fall under the science and math ones. The harder ones would be the ones to do with literature, context clues, and all those sort of things. 

The only software I would teach my students to use would be Word, Excel, and Powerpoint. Most of the students I would teach would be either high school students or people in correctional facilities that don't have access to many software programs. 

http://www.talgov.com/Main/Home.aspx The site linked before this will be used to expand upon the podcast. You could contact the author on this site I'm sure. The page is biased towards the city of Tallahassee. The site is current. The design could be better, I feel it is a bit of an eyesore. The site can be hard to navigate sometimes. 

The only new skill I learned from the newsletter assignment was making columns in a document. I had no clue that feature existed until I started this assignment. I always wondered how people made columns in their papers, and now I know.

What I disliked most about my newsletter is that it seems so bland since I lack creativity. I'm never sure if what I'm doing is enough since I'm not a very creative person.

What I do like about my newsletter is that it is for sure a representation of how simple I am. I've never been the type of person to add a ton of color and flare to things. I always keep things simple. 

Improvements for next time will probably be putting more time into the though process of how I want it to look. Not just winging it and getting frustrated when things do not come out the way I envision them. 

For my career I can be the FBI's newsletter maker. It can be the 'look what bad guy we caught today' newsletter.



5 comments:

  1. nice developments on your newsletter love it

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that the simplicity of your newsletter is appealing! It's sometimes intimidating when you see something super complex and busy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also did not know that the columns feature existed on Word. Newsletters like the one you made will be great for your career in the FBI.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like your ability to tie in your preferred career to the assignment at hand. I also really like how you broke up the prompt into smaller chunks. It made the progression much easier to understand.

    ReplyDelete
  5. In Palm Beach County, in the seedier convenience stores, we have a mag of latest arrests for sale. Accompanied of course by terrible mug shots and some truly idiotic crimes. I am guilty of buying and laughing over one every once in a while (about once a year when I know a social gathering may need a topic of conversation).

    ReplyDelete