Monday, February 27, 2017

#6 The Sandbox and Learning Project!

My project is a basic Prezi that details how to find the slope of a line.
https://prezi.com/yv3avmblmvce/eme2040-ilp/

The school website I'm linking is my former High Schools webpage. The grade levels are from 9-12th grade. The things you can see publicly on the school website are the schools calendar, contact info for the school and staff, sports information, parent resources, the community and other outside links.
http://northeast.browardschools.com/











In my classroom I could see myself using computer productivity tools to keep track of attendance and my grade book. I could see myself using Diigo for my classroom, but knowing me I would just bookmark the page and use my memory to the best of it's ability. A calendar tool will most definitely be used because dates tend to blur and time does go by quickly. Email is of course the main form of communication tool I would use.

The smart boards could be used in the classroom rather well. In a math setting you can have the smart pen show use different colors to better highlight and emphasize what it is that you are doing. In an English class setting you can put up a document and highlight or underline on the smart board the key components of an article or passage.

4 comments:

  1. Having the SMART pen was always helpful for me in my high school math classes, as teachers would often save what they wrote in the pen and share it with the students after.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never got to use the smart pen at my high school, but I enjoyed when my teacher let the other students come up and compete on the smart board on math problems, it was a lot of fun because I had really competitive classmates.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Simple and informative, I like that you made slope seem so simple but it may be difficult for those who don't know what a slope is to get it. Maybe a second practice problem would help instill slopes into the minds of the young.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think that your Prezi is informative and very simple to follow. However, coming from someone who is not very good at math, if I didn't already know how to find the slope of a line, it would be a little challenging to follow along. Maybe in future presentations you could circle the points on the graph and label them on the graph. The link below leads to a picture that labels the points on the actual graph which, for me, just makes finding the x and y coordinates a little easier. https://www.google.com/search?q=how+to+find+the+slope+of+a+line&espv=2&biw=1669&bih=917&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjPsaKpqrPSAhXD2SYKHfKXDtcQ_AUIBygC#imgrc=Lr6unpS_FSMAvM:

    ReplyDelete