Tuesday, February 21, 2017

#5 Web 2.0

I believe that YouTube, wikis, and social networking tools are useful for teacher professional development. There is a plethora of content on YouTube and it can be useful in a classroom setting. Wikis are useful to help students build a general concept of a topic and can lead them to better sites to learn about the topic. Social media is also helpful, because you can create a learning network through social media sites like twitter.

The one Web 2.0 tool I believe is not useful in the classroom is blogs. I just dislike blogs and I don't think they're useful in a classroom setting.

I think as a teacher I would use http://www.lessonpaths.com/. This tool allows you to see different lesson plans for subject matter and you can use these plans and adapt them to how you would want the information to be presented.

4 comments:

  1. I also looked at lessonpaths.com and I think it's a great tool for prospective teachers to use in order to obtain ideas for creating lesson plans.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Im not the biggest fan of blogs also, but I do agree that you tube, wiki, and social media are useful web 2.0 tools

    ReplyDelete
  3. I did not like blogging when I first started, but I have grown to like it. I actually prefer blogging over doing discussion boards now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have never heard of lessonpaths before but it seems like a really cool idea.

    ReplyDelete